db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 1 and 2 (v 1.1) submitted for review
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:31:20 GMT
Kathy Saunders wrote:

> Stanley Bradbury wrote:
>> I've submitted Chapters 1 and 2 of the Work With Derby [WWD] document
>> for feedback.  These sections are based on the version 1.1 proposal
>> submitted last week.  You can download the formatted PDF document for
>> review and comment using the following URL.
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12323814/workingwithderby0306.pdf

> A couple of quick comments/questions:
> - It looks like you're using version 10.1 (ij shows 10.1).  If you
> want to commit this in time for the 10.2 release, it's probably a good
> idea to use a current build and make sure the version matches the
> release you're targeting.
> - I assume that you'll supply something.sql later and have the user
> copy it from it's real home in the release directory, but I wanted to
> check to be sure that would be the case.
> I think this document looks good and will help a more novice user get
> started with Derby.  Thanks for working on it.
> Kathy
Hi Kathy -
You are correct on both accounts.  The IJ example was an oversight, I
will correct this and us 10.2 for future examples.  I have not come up
with the SQL script that I will use for this activity so used the string
'something' a placeholder - this will be undated in a future revision.
I will find a way to add REVIEW NOTES to the documents that pointout
outstanding issues such as this.  Another update that is needed will be
to the command syntax that starts IJ - the new jarfile was named

View raw message