db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <kat...@mtrad.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 1 and 2 (v 1.1) submitted for review
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:12:46 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:

> I've submitted Chapters 1 and 2 of the Work With Derby [WWD] document
> for feedback.  These sections are based on the version 1.1 proposal
> submitted last week.  You can download the formatted PDF document for
> review and comment using the following URL.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12323814/workingwithderby0306.pdf

A couple of quick comments/questions:

- It looks like you're using version 10.1 (ij shows 10.1).  If you want
to commit this in time for the 10.2 release, it's probably a good idea
to use a current build and make sure the version matches the release
you're targeting.

- I assume that you'll supply something.sql later and have the user copy
it from it's real home in the release directory, but I wanted to check
to be sure that would be the case.

I think this document looks good and will help a more novice user get
started with Derby.  Thanks for working on it.

Kathy