db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating user docs
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:33:34 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I am having trouble generating the postscript versions of most of our
> user docs. I can generate html and monohtml versions for all user
> guides. I can also generate postscript versions of the Reference and
> Tuning guides. However, I'm having trouble generating postscript
> versions of the other docs.
>
> For instance, when I try to build the postscript version of the
> Developer's guide (ant -quiet pdf.devguide), I get a directory
> (out/devguide) with a derbydev.fo file and several gifs. But no .pdf
> file.
>
> Would appreciate advice on what I am doing wrong.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Had a similar problem building the new doc I am working on - I believe
it was caused by lines in a <codeblock> being too long.  The html build
fine but the PDF created only the .fo file.  I modified the <codeblock>
examples so the line were at most 60 char. (I picked this arbitrarily -
might be able to be longer) and the doc built fine.