db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Font size for the derby tutorial is small ... is there a way to increase it?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:00:22 GMT
Susan Cline wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Other than using the browser settings, is there a way in forrest to increase the font
size
> of the code block sections in:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/ij_intro.html
>
> I'd like to do something in forrest with code blocks using this as a template, but the
font is too
> small for my eyes : <

The quick answer is yes, I can increase that font size.

The longer answer ... I didn't like the forrest-provided <source> style
for the DerbyTut because it didn't have enough contrast with the
surrounding text. So I added a "code-block" style to the forrest
skinconf.xml:

    p.code-block {
      margin-left: 2em;
      padding: .5em;
      background-color: #f0f0f0;
      font-family: Monospace, Courier;
      font-size: smaller;
      white-space:pre;
    }

You use the code-block style like this in the source xml:

  insert into derbyDB values (1956,'Webster St.');
  select * from derbyDb;

I can remove that "font-size: smaller;" line -- I agree the font is
really small, and especially so if you set your browser font to small.

I'll also add a note about the code-block style to
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html .

 -jean