db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: select count(*) == ClassCastException:CountAggregator
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:31:37 GMT
Chris Newell wrote:

> Hello all…
>

> I seem to have resolved my own issue as I was preparing a message to
> this list seeking help (thanks!). Having spent more hours than I care to
> admit trying to figure this out, and having seen another user in the
> list archive that had a similar problem with no solution provided, I
> thought that I’d post this with hopes of helping someone else that made
> the same stupid mistake.

[snip class cast exception ]

> The solution was:
>
> -------------------------
>
> I found that I had put a copy of derby.jar in both $TOMCAT/common/lib as
> well as $TOMCAT/webapps/[my app]/WEB-INF/lib. I removed the one under
> webapps and suddenly, as if by magic, I could count the rows in my
> table…. And the world seems like a nicer place.

I actually think I found a fix for this last night, though I thought was
you described was happening to folks, I also thought it also seemed
unlikely.
Now I have a proof point I'm much more confident in the fix, and can get
a test case that mimics what you describe.

This is entered as DERBY-997

Thanks very much for the info.
Dan.