db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: select count(*) == ClassCastException:CountAggregator
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 23:04:30 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>On 3/1/06, Chris Newell <Chris.Newell@xelorsoftware.com> wrote:
>

>>The problem was:
>>
>>-------------------------
>>
>>This issue arises when executing the statement "select count(*) from
>>DEFAULT_SCHEMA.general_events". If I execute it using a datasource from the
>>Tomcat pool I got the exception: 'java.lang.ClassCastException:
>>org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CountAggregator' was
>>thrown while evaluating an expression. When I execute nearly identical code
>>

>Hi Chris,
>
>This problem is filed in JIRA as DERBY-997:
>
>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-997
>
>I'm wondering if there is something we could do to make the cause of
>this problem more understandable, and the solution easier to find.
>This may be a good issue for the FAQ.

If someone has a repro they can post that would be really good.  I think
we should be able to fix so the built in aggregates do not have this
kind of conflict  but first we need a standalone repro for the issue.  I
had  briefly tried reproducing this loading Derby with a  URLClassLoader
and having a different version of derby.jar in the classpath but  I
couldn't reproduce.

Thanks

Kathey