db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [WWD] Chap 3 and 4 submitted for review
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:14:18 GMT
--- Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've submitted Chapters 1 and 2 of the Work With Derby [WWD] document
> for feedback.
> The latest revision of Working With Derby has been posted to Jira.  It
> can be downloaded using:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12324531/WWDpdfNjava0323.zip
>
> This contains the newly completed chapters 3 and 4.  Please focus first
> on the initial review of these chapters.  The PDF file and related JAVA
> code are contained in the file:  WWDpdfNjava0323.zip

[ snip ]

I unzipped the file and looked at the PDF, but I do not see a chapter 4.  I see an Intro,
Activity 1, Activity 2 and Activity 3.  Do chapters 3 and 4 correspond to Activity 2 and Activity
3?

I like the Activity 3 example.  One suggestion would be is to check the command line parameter
to make sure it is not over 32 characters.  I "made a wish" for something that was over
32 characters and got a stack trace that was not too user friendly.

It might be nice for new derby users (and if they happened to be new to Java too) to
get a usage message instead of a stack trace if they made this same error.

Thanks,

Susan