db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ryan P Bobko <r...@ostrich-emulators.com>
Subject Re: advice for client/server application
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:15:42 GMT
Thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure if that will help. I now realize what
makes me uneasy about my architecture is that I feel like I'm rewriting JDBC
little by little just so I can have my file-moving piece on top of it. JDBC
works great for my purposes, so my preference would be to remove my custom
protocol whenever possible. Is it feasible to extend the JDBC API? Or will
that just be more trouble than it's worth?

I realize I just changed my question. Any more advice?

ry

--
"Son I am able," she said, "though you scare me."
"Watch," said I, "Beloved." I said, "Watch me scare you though."