db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Large Resultset
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:28:16 GMT

Uhm...
Then that's where your memory is being eaten up. Meaning that its not Derby
that is causing your memory issue.

The problem is that it sounds like you want to have a persistent result set.
(There was a discussion on c.d.i about server side cursors that is probably
similar to this....)

You have two solutions....
1) A scrollable cursor.
2) Use temp tables.

Note. Use #2 if you can not maintain control of your connection/cursors.
(re: n tier app, using connection pooling.)

HTH,

-Gumby