db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: clustered index
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:22:36 GMT
Uhm...

That is what Informix's clustered index does....
(Meaning it’s the primary key index and the data is organized on disk to
match the index.)

Online has been deprecated (sun set, unsupported, ...) many moons ago.
(Informix 5.x is Online. IDS (Dynamic Server) is 7.x, 9.x and now 10.x.
Of course there was C-ISAM, SE, and Turbo....
(Yeah, I'm that old ... ;-)

BTW, I really can't imagine the usefulness of an index that isn't up to
date...