db-derby-user mailing list archives

From yves pielusenet <yvespieluse...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [SHUTDOWN] Should I shutdown embedded data base ?
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:29:33 GMT
Le jeudi 30 mars 2006 à 10:17 +0200, Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway a
écrit :
> yves pielusenet wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your answer :)
> > So, since I use an embedded database, should I use the shutdown command
> > (database shutdown nor derby shutdown) everytime I do
> > Connection.close() ? (an if so, why derby connection close command call
> > itself database;shutdown=true commande ?)
> >
> > And a the very end of my application I do a derby shutdown
> > DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:cs;shutdown=true");
> >
> > that's right ? :)
>
> No, you need only shut down the database at the end of your application.
> Note that a derby shutdown is just a shutdown of all databases you have
> opened.  If you just have a single database, a single shut down is enough.

So if I call shutdown a the very of the application I should use Derby
shutdown to close all database (even if there is only one) ?
In fact, Derby shutdown do a checkpoint of all database that have been
opened during the JVM life. That's it ?