db-derby-user mailing list archives

From acemcclou...@comcast.net
Subject Null Pointer Exception
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:21:21 GMT
I am getting the stack trace shown below. Could someone provide a clue as to what I'm doing
wrong?

Thank you,

Ace
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeConnection(AbstractBatcher.java:462)
	at org.hibernate.engine.TransactionHelper.doWorkInNewTransaction(TransactionHelper.java:128)
	at org.hibernate.id.TableGenerator.generate(TableGenerator.java:94)
	at org.hibernate.id.TableHiLoGenerator.generate(TableHiLoGenerator.java:61)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:85)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:184)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:33)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:173)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:27)
	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:69)
	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:481)
	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:476)
        at <some code of mine that calls save with an object>