db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stuart Barker" <stuart.bar...@practiv.com>
Subject Starting Derby in "My Documents" from Tomcat
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:48:50 GMT
Hi All,

I have a Derby instance starting up from within my Tomcat application, as
the server.xml excerpt shows below. However, I'd like the DB to startup in
the 'My Document' folder for the user. Is there anyway in the server config
I can get it to do this?

      [.]

      <!-- Global JNDI resources -->

      <GlobalNamingResources>

            <Resource name="jdbc/ipos" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

            <ResourceParams name="jdbc/ipos">

                  <parameter>

                        <name>maxWait</name>

                        <value>5000</value>

                  </parameter>

                  <parameter>

                        <name>maxActive</name>

                        <value>4</value>

                  </parameter>

                  <parameter>

                        <name>driverClassName</name>

                        <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver</value>

                  </parameter>

                  <parameter>

                        <name>url</name>
<value>jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/iposdb;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bo
otPassword=Dh295nk!;user=ipos;password=ipos123</value>

                  </parameter>

                  <parameter>

                      <name>maxIdle</name>

                      <value>2</value>

            </parameter>

            </ResourceParams>

                        [.]

Thanks

Stuart Barker

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose,
copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this message in error please inform us and delete it.
Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security
of any data outside our own computer systems.

For the protection of our systems and staff, incoming and outgoing
emails are automatically scanned for viruses and content.