Correction : You can not set the derby.system.home in the file.You should always explicitly set the value of derby.system.home
On 2/1/06, Manjula G Kutty <> wrote:
Afkham Azeez wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>I have my file in $MY_PROJECT/conf directory. This is
>the directory pointed to by the derby.system.home System property. But
>no my database is getting created under $MY_PROJECT/conf e.g. as
>I need my database to be created as $MY_PROJECT/DATABASE. Is there a
>property I can specify in the file which will specify
>the physical location of the Database?
>Thanks in Advance
>Afkham Azeez

If you specify derby.system.home in your file, then
your database "will be" created in the directory specified by the
derby.system.home. One way to create the database in another directory
other than the derby.system.home is to specify the location in the
jdbcurl. Like
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:<yourlocation/dbname>;create=true'.

You can refer the derby tuning guide for further reference for
derby.system.home property