Rajesh,

Thanks for the update on DERBY-756.  Regarding DERBY-912, I recognize that it’s a subtask of 756, nevertheless 756 is reported as fixed while 912 is still open.  Is 912 expected to be fixed by v10.2 also?

Thanks,

Jim Newsham

From: Rajesh Kartha [mailto:kartha02@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:00 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: embedded derby -- does it leak

Jim Newsham <jnewsham@referentia.com> wrote:
> However, some colleagues have told me that they had evaluated derby in the past (a few months ago), and that they passed on it after seeing
> memory leak problems which resulted in OutOfMemoryException.

Is there a way to get more details on what type of queries were run when they found the OutOfMemory exceptions.

DERBY-756 is fixed in v10.2 - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-756
DERBY-912 is a sub task of the above.

I too have not come across any out of memory issues with embedded, hence am very interested in knowing the setup where your colleagues
ran into these.

-Rajesh