db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Derby with fast transactions?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:50:11 GMT
Andre Höing <andrehoe@uni-paderborn.de> writes:

> Hi derby-users,
> I am using derby to save lots of RDFTriples at starting time. This is a
> little bit too slow for me.
> Is there the possability to accelerate this. Bevore I used MySql with
> the MyISAM engine. Is there a simular engine for derby, too?

Not a similar engine, but you can set a property (can't remeber the
exact name, see the manual (tuning guide, I think)), that will let
transactions commit without flushing the log to disk. Must be used
with great care though, since you won't be able to do recovery.

Also note that comparing Derby to MyISAM is an apples to oranges
comparison. The functionality, isolation and durbility
offered by Derby is similar to that offered by the InnoDB engine.

View raw message