db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Scott" <deni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clustered index
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:59:15 GMT
Hi, as noted on the Apache Derby community page

"Derby uses Apache's Jira issue tracker
(http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html) to log bugs and
enhancement requests. Anyone can browse the Jira database. To log new
issues, see the tips page, which describes how to create a userid for
yourself and how to log useful bugs. To update existing issues, email
your Jira userid to derby-dev@db.apache.org and request that it be
added to the derby-developers Jira list."

Also, it would help if you included some further rationale in your
request for enhancement as to the specific problems that you are
facing in your environment that lead you to the conclusion that
clustered indexes are the only solution...

A requirement can often have many different solutions. For example, if
this is a pure performance issue, it's possible that the problem lies
at the application level or in the configuration that you are using,
and that all the work required to implement clustered indexes wouldn't
end up solving your problem anyways.

On 2/27/06, Thomas Vatter <thomas.vatter@network-inventory.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> A clustered index should be the fastest access for retrieving ordered
> columns. 'Create index' command does not yet support it. Since ordering
> is my main problem at the moment I post this as request for enhancement.
> --
> Best regards
> Thomas Vatter
> Network Inventory Software