db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stephen-D Mainstone <stephen-d.mainst...@db.com>
Subject UserUtility
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:39:15 GMT
I am trying to use the UserUtility class to add permissions for a given
user. However, when I attempt to execute the code, I receive the following
error:

org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: The class 'UserUtility' does not
exist or is inaccessible. This can happen if the class is not public.
SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: 'UserUtility:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

Here is the code snippet I am executing:

public void test() throws Exception
    {
        ClientDataSource dataSource = new ClientDataSource();
        dataSource.setServerName("localhost");
        dataSource.setPortNumber(1527);
        dataSource.setDatabaseName("TEST_D1;create=true");

        Statement s = dataSource.getConnection().createStatement();
        s.executeUpdate("Call UserUtility::add('mary',
'READ_ACCESS_PERMISSION')");
    }

I have checked that the derby.jar is set on the classpath on the server
(my localhost) but can see no other reason why the UserUtility class
cannot be found and I have verified that the class is public in the
derby.jar file. I am using version 10.1.2.1 of Derby in a client/server
capacity.

Can you help please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve