db-derby-user mailing list archives

From jphe...@steinmart.com
Subject Buggy
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:38:04 GMT
I would like to say that I have found the installation as described in the
papers on the website to be extremely buggy.  Every other step, it seems,
breaks the class path or requires a different one.  I finally got it to
the point where I could create a database.  Then I Try to run an embedded
server, and now I'm back to classpath errors once more.  While the idea of
a lightweight Java-based db server appeals to me (and my organisation), I
will wait for something that is much more usable than derby appears to be
so far.

Joel M. Phelan
Lotus Domino Developer
904-346-1508 x 1135