db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: embedded derby -- does it leak
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 02:37:08 GMT
I'll reiterate my understanding, repeating David's assertion that I'm
not speaking for Sun officially.

There is no intent by Sun to maintain a separate code line for any
reason including patches or new functionality that is not available
to the community. We're *not* forking the code base.

Translating into practicality, if a supported customer reports a bug,
and Sun support fixes it, the fix will be made to the Derby code base
as soon as practical. Sun might cut an emergency patch for a
customer, but won't bogard the fix.

Craig

aside to Michael: for the younger crowd here: I can't find a good
reference to "bogard that joint". any pointers?

On Feb 15, 2006, at 1:52 PM, David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> I can't speak officially for Sun, but I do know that it has always
> been the intent of the Sun Derby development team for *all* patches/
> bugfixes/changes made for customers of Java DB to be made in the
> Derby code base, not on some separate forked version of the code.
>
> David
>
> derby@segel.com wrote:

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com