db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: order by
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:00:35 GMT
Hi Tom,

I can't think of anything to cause your problem as you have described
it.

I'd suggest filing a JIRA issue and attaching a small sample program
(either Java with JDBC or an ij script) that shows the problem. Then
the experts can sink their teeth into it.

Craig

On Feb 28, 2006, at 1:12 AM, Thomas Vatter wrote:

> I have checked the values in the database, they have no leading
> spaces.
> The names are only a simple example for describing the problem, the
> data structure is more complex and the query has joins and conditions.
> This query was working with other dbms but it had no composite index,
> I have added the composite index for making it faster (and it does).
> I have made a test and dropped the composite index, and now the
> sorting is ok, regenerated the index and sorting is as described
> in my first problem report.
>
> tom

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com