db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: embedded derby -- does it leak
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:00:19 GMT
Jim Newsham <jnewsham@referentia.com> wrote:
> However, some colleagues have told me that they had evaluated derby in the
past (a few months ago), and that they passed on it after seeing
> memory leak problems which resulted in OutOfMemoryException.

Is there a way to get more details on what type of queries were run when
they found the OutOfMemory exceptions.

DERBY-756 is fixed in v10.2 - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-756
DERBY-912 is a sub task of the above.

I too have not come across any out of memory issues with embedded, hence am
very interested in knowing the setup where your colleagues
ran into these.

-Rajesh