db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject [WWD] Revised document propsal (v1.1) Feedback requested
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:14:28 GMT
I want to thank Kathy Saunders and Jean Anderson for their help in
brainstorming the simplified flow and easier to understand topic
presentation represented by this revision.  It is now time for broader
review and input.  Please download revision 1.1 of the WWD proposal and
let me know what you think.

Download URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12323521/WorkingWithDerbyV1.1.html

I will be revising and resubmitting the initial chapters of the document
later this week.

Stanley Bradbury wrote:

> Announcement: I propose starting a new activity-based tutorial
> document for Derby and have opened Jira issue DERBY-913 at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-913.  The proposed name is
> "Working With Derby" and I'd like to include it with the next
> release.  The document would target new Derby users.  Information
> would be presented that supports a series of activities designed to be
> performed after installation.  These activities will guide beginners
> through the basics of using Derby.  Attached to DERBY-913 is a
> proposal that further describes the initial topics as I see them.  I
> would very much like feedback on all aspects of this proposal from the
> Derby communities.  Please post all feedback to the derby-user
> maillist, include Working With Derby (WWD for short) in the subject
> line of all messages on this topic.
>
> === SNIP ====

    I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I'll incorporate the cool
    work Andrew did on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1019.
    To reduce confusion, I'm suspending the review.  I will be
    presenting a revised outline for WWD then rework the initial
    sections and restart the review process.