db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: clustered index
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:30:31 GMT
Thomas Vatter wrote:

> A clustered index should be the fastest access for retrieving ordered
> columns. 'Create index' command does not yet support it. Since ordering
> is my main problem at the moment I post this as request for enhancement.

What do you mean by a clustered index?  It usually means an index on
primary key where records are stored witin the index, but I am not quite
sure that is what you mean since one would not use 'create index' for a
clustered index.  Do you a composite index?  I thought Derby supported that.

--
Øystein