db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: [WWD] review suspended - rewrite coming
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:57:19 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>> java -jar lib/derbytools.jar sysinfo
>> java -jar lib/derbytools.jar dblook
>> etc.
>>
>> I have a prototype for this that I'll post to derby-dev.
>>
>> andrew
>
> java -jar lib/derbytools.jar ij

IJ started without using the scripts seems to need a JDBC URL to
connect. This may not be obvious to everyone and may seem odd to
non-JDBC/java users. Should IJ (and other tools) be changed to assume
"jdbc:derby:" protocol by default, if not provided? IJ is Derby's SQL
processor, so it seems it should be ok to assume derby URL format, if
none provided?

Satheesh