db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject [WWD] Revision 2: Chapters 1 and 2 ready for review
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:16:14 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:

> Announcement: I propose starting a new activity-based tutorial
> document for Derby and have opened Jira issue DERBY-913 at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-913.  The proposed name is
> "Working With Derby" and I'd like to include it with the next
> release.  The document would target new Derby users.  Information
> would be presented that supports a series of activities designed to be
> performed after installation.  These activities will guide beginners
> through the basics of using Derby.  Attached to DERBY-913 is a
> proposal that further describes the initial topics as I see them.  I
> would very much like feedback on all aspects of this proposal from the
> Derby communities.  Please post all feedback to the derby-user
> maillist, include Working With Derby (WWD for short) in the subject
> line of all messages on this topic.

Please participate in the review of the latest revision (0222) of the
first two chapters of the Working With Derby document.  These chapters
set the stage for the subsequent activities that are the main thrust of
the document. Chapter 3 (Activity 2) actually gets people working with
Derby, this will be ready for review next week.

Plans to make the Derby tools even easier to run will probably mean that
these chapters will need to be revised again todemonstrate the new
syntax.  A final update that incorporates changes to the setup and
syntax documented will be available to review in early April.