db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Feedback requested on Chapters 1 and 2 of Working With Derby
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:06:24 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:
> Please participate in the review of the  first two chapters of the
> Working With Derby document.  The HTML files can be downloaded for
> review from DERBY-913 using the URL:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12323220/WWDhtml0220.zip
>
> Unzip the files and click on the index.html file.
> Ch 1: About Working With Derby - is a brief introduction to Derby
> Ch 2: Activity 1: Installation validation and orientation - introduces
> the derby jarfiles and helps configure and validate the Java and the
> Derby environment.
>
> When commenting on the document please list the name of the HTML file
> prior to your feedback text so I can  readily identify the proper
> section.

This looks great, Stan! I spotted a couple things, which I noted below.

(1) cwwdaboutderby.html

Typo: "In it's default configuration" -> "In its default configuration"

(2) cwwdaboutactivities.html

Typo: "activites" -> "activities"

"If a Java SDK is not already installed please install it now."

Do you want to mention that at least 1.3 is required? Or maybe rephrase
to "If a Java SDK is not already installed, please see Installing a Java
Software Development Kit (JDK)."

regards,

 -jean