db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSV export
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:18:39 GMT

Hi Andrej,

exportTable also will not dump the table header. Functionally it is
same as exportQuery, just different interfaces to the users.

It is puzzling me also how you are able to export using exportQuery
successfully  but not through the exportTable, by quick look at the
code I could not find how that could happen. Underneath exportTable
just forms a select query based on the table names and the schema name.

Are you passing the same connection object to both the exportTable and
the exportQuery ? By any chance the connection you are passing to
these functions  has different default schema name than what the XYZ
table was created with ?

 From looking at your code snippet looks like you are calling internal
export functions directly, I think they are not supposed to be called
by an application directly. This functionality is available to the
users through System procedures SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE and
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_QUERY.

more info in the docs at:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tools/rtoolsimport92876.html

Thanks