db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import data into Derby
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:56:21 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

I never tried exporting a complicated data from spreadsheet  myself,
but if you can export the spread sheet you have into delimited text
file(for example CSV text file format) . you can use the derby import
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA) to quickly import data into a Derby table.

More info can be found in the derby docs:

Jeremy Foot wrote:
> I have been saddled with a monster spreadsheet that I need to sift some
> data out of.
> Can anyone suggest a good way of importing the data into a Derby table?
> My plan is to suck the spreadsheet in as a single table and then
> normalise it afterwards so I don't need to be wildly fancy about schema.
> Thanks
>     Jezza
> Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online!
> http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/

View raw message