db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: upcoming 10.2 release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:29:29 GMT
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> I worked with database as large as 700Mb without problems. The unique
> problem I really find in Derby is lack of some very basic features,
> like renaming columns (even if part of primary/foreign keys), and
> unblocking online backup, both enhancements, not bugs, and both, IMHO,
> are prohibitive for early adoption for large projects/production servers.

Thanks Edson for the important feature feedback.  Please make sure you
put in votes in Jira for the features you want as well. so hopefully we
will catch those next time around.  Online backup is planned for 10.2 I
think.  Here is a list of some of the major development activities
underway.  I can't say which ones will actually make it.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDevActivities

Kathey