db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@mgrinformatica.com.br>
Subject Re: upcoming 10.2 release
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:50:48 GMT
Thank you for clarifications...

I'll be a "better" reader in future mails... Anyway, I think I never got
in trouble with Derby in my apps (that are, in majority, multi-database
compatible), and so I try to keed SQL as simple as possible, except some
(two or three) months ago where I got a non starting database where I
could not hack to discover where the problem is, neither I got responses
to my mails on this list, what disappointed a lot :-(. So, I was forced
to got to comercial databases...

I worked with database as large as 700Mb without problems. The unique
problem I really find in Derby is lack of some very basic features, like
renaming columns (even if part of primary/foreign keys), and unblocking
online backup, both enhancements, not bugs, and both, IMHO, are
prohibitive for early adoption for large projects/production servers.

Thank you,

Richter