db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site updated with the new logo
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:21:57 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> John Embretsen wrote:

>>>I believe the "<a href..." links from the two logos in the header
>>>should  switch places. Currently the Derby logo refers to
>>>db.apache.org, while the "Apache DB Project" logo refers to
>>>db.apache.org/derby...
>>

>>Hmm, I apparently hit the send button too early... I think the hrefs
>>should remain as they are, but that the src part of the img tags should
>>switch places, given the current context.
>

> Good eyes! I didn't spot that the href's didn't match the logos -- thanks!
>
> I'll leave the image placement as is. A simple test is to narrow the
> width of your browser window. Keeping the hat adjacent to the feather in
> the middle works better than having the text adjacent in the middle,
> where it starts looking really cluttered.
>
> I'll swap the href's.

This helped, and I see your point with the logo placement order. Thanks
for fixing it! However, there is still one tiny little nit that remains
to be picked: The "alt" and "title" attributes no longer match the
logos, so they should be swapped too. I also propose adding some "alt"
text to the db.apache.org logo once the attributes have been swapped,
e.g. "The Apache DB Project".

--
John