db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site updated with the new logo
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:16:26 GMT
John Embretsen wrote:

>>> If you click the logo, you are directed to http://db.apache.org/ instead
>>> of http://db.apache.org/derby/
>>

>> I believe the "<a href..." links from the two logos in the header
>> should  switch places. Currently the Derby logo refers to
>> db.apache.org, while the "Apache DB Project" logo refers to
>> db.apache.org/derby...
>

> Hmm, I apparently hit the send button too early... I think the hrefs
> should remain as they are, but that the src part of the img tags should
> switch places, given the current context.

Good eyes! I didn't spot that the href's didn't match the logos -- thanks!

I'll leave the image placement as is. A simple test is to narrow the
width of your browser window. Keeping the hat adjacent to the feather in
the middle works better than having the text adjacent in the middle,
where it starts looking really cluttered.

I'll swap the href's.

 -jean