db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rstr...@panix.com>
Subject Migrating Ancient Cloudscape DBs To Derby
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:39:19 GMT
Greetings,

I am attempting to migrate some very old Cloudscape databases (v. 3.6)
to Derby.

It appears that I have to first migrate from Cloudscape 3.6 to
Cloudscape 5.1; this step seems to be a matter of opening the database
using Cloudscape 5.1 and including "upgrade=true" in the connection URL.
Problem: I don't have a copy of 5.1. Is this available anywhere?

The next step seems to be to use the IBM migration kit that is
apparently able to take a Cloudscape 5.1 database to the Cloudscape 10.x
level. Would there be any problem using the upgraded database with the
current version of Derby?

Is there any more direct way to take the database from Cloudscape 3.6 to
Derby 10.X?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Rick Strong