db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Manjula G Kutty <manjula.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Specifying the Derby Database Location
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:00:20 GMT
Afkham Azeez wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I have my derby.properties file in $MY_PROJECT/conf directory. This is
>the directory pointed to by the derby.system.home System property. But
>no my database is getting created under $MY_PROJECT/conf e.g. as
>$MY_PROJECT/conf/DATABASE.
>
>I need my database to be created as $MY_PROJECT/DATABASE. Is there a
>property I can specify in the derby.properties file which will specify
>the physical location of the Database?
>--
>Thanks in Advance
>Afkham Azeez

Hi,

If you specify derby.system.home in your derby.properties file, then
your database "will be" created in the directory specified by the
derby.system.home. One way to create the database in another directory
other than the derby.system.home is to specify the location in the
jdbcurl. Like
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:<yourlocation/dbname>;create=true'.

You can refer the derby tuning guide for further reference for
derby.system.home property
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/rtunproper32066.html

Thanks,
Manjula