db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Import data into Derby
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:41:35 GMT

That's probably the best way.

The best way is to select the columns that you want and copy it in to a
second work sheet. Then save the worksheet as a csv (comma delimited
format).

Then you just need to create a table that mimics it and load it in.

Note: The more columns you have, the greater the chance of munging something
up. By this I mean either forgetting a column or some other human error.

This is ok for a "one off".

You may want to consider looking at how to read a spreadsheet from Java and
pick and choose the fields then insert them. Too much work for a one off
solution...

(Yeah, I'm doing this too. ACT exported as a spreadsheet then morphed in to
a csv for uploading. Actually data split in to 3 files to make 3 tables....)

HTH...