db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrej Tibaut <andrej.tib...@uni-mb.si>
Subject CSV export
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:06:15 GMT
Hi all!

Could please someone help me with the following problem. In database I have
a table that I need
to export into CSV format.
If I use these lines

try {
  Export.exportQuery(conn,"SELECT * FROM XYZ", "c:/export.txt", ",", "\"",
"iso-8859-2");
} catch (Exception e) {}

I get the data in table in CSV format. However, this is only data in table
without table header (of
course, based on SQL statement).

So, if I use these lines (I guess that exportTable returns also the table
header)

try {
  Export.exportTable(conn, null, "XYZ", "c:/export.txt", ",", "\"",
"iso-8859-2");
} catch (Exception e) {}

I get the following exception:
SQL Exception: Table 'XYZ' does not exist.

With lines

try {
  Export.exportTable(conn, null, "abc.XYZ", "c:/export.txt", ",", "\"",
"iso-8859-2");
} catch (Exception e) {}

I get the following exception:
SQL Exception: Table 'abc.XYZ' does not exist.

And, with lines

try {
  Export.exportTable(conn, "abc", "XYZ", "c:/export.txt", ",", "\"",
"iso-8859-2");
} catch (Exception e) {}

I get the following exception:
SQL Exception: Schema 'abc' does not exist.

What should I use? And, additional question: does exportTable returns also
table
header?

Thanks in advance!

Andrej