db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Timothy Luksha \(RIT Student\)" <tjl6...@rit.edu>
Subject RE: apache derby with CDC/JSR 169
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:10:26 GMT
Sorry I was so slow responding to your questions.  I didn't have access to the machine running
CVM over the holiday.  Thanks for taking an interest in my issues.

I haven't been able to locate the foundation profile jars on Sun's website.  So when I build
the project, I build it without the two jar files mentioned in the building.txt file.   I
have only been able to find what looks to be some source code that could be built and used
as one of the the jars.  Do you happen to have the foundation profile jars from Sun already
built?  I noticed a post you made quite a while back indicating that you were using IBM's
WCTME 5.7.  When I investigated that as an option, it looked like I would have to sign up
and purchase it.  So that eliminated it as an option.

Anyhow, that's why I asked if the prebuilt version available for download should be able to
run on my embedded environment.  I was really hoping that the problem would have been with
my CVM's configuration, and that I wouldn't have to find these jars and build the project
from scratch.  Since I am changing the source code around now, I should get my hands on those
jars.

I ran sysinfo with the binary version of derby that I downloaded off the website. (The version
that gives a null pointer exception at BaseMonitor.getDefaultModuleProperties() when I try
to run simpleAppJSR169)  This is what I got:

 /mnt/newjava/bin/cvm -Xbootclasspath:/mnt/newjava/lib/cdc_jdbc_classes:/usr/local/java/lib/cdc.jar:/mnt/Luksha/db-derby-10.1.2.1-binold/lib/derby.jar
org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo