db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "George, Kenneth V [NTK]" <Kenneth.V.Geo...@sprint.com>
Subject RE: Problems opening DB on HP Tandem
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:19:42 GMT
Ok, here are the results:

/usr/tandem/web_applications/ctc/ctc83/fm/db: /usr/home/ken/ij.sh
ij version 10.1
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:filemanager';
ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'filemanager', see the next exception for details.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ' implement interface error : java.lang.AbstractMethodError'.
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:/usr/tandem/web_applications/ctc/ctc83/fm/db/filemanager';
ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database '/usr/tandem/web_applications/ctc/ctc83/fm/db/filemanager',
see the next exception for details.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ' implement interface error : java.lang.AbstractMethodError'.
ij>

I tried it both ways - in the directory where the DB lives, and specfying the entire path
- same result.

________________________________

From: Rajesh Kartha [mailto:kartha02@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 1/5/2006 11:50 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Problems opening DB on HP Tandem

Hi George,

If you are using Derby in embedded mode, all you need is derby.jar (and derbytools.jar if
you plan to use the command line tool - ij).
(The derbyclient.jar is to enable multiple clients to connect to a Derby database running
under the Network Server).

Can you try as Stan suggested - connecting to the database with just the  'ij'  tool. You
will need only derby.jar and derbytools.jar in your CLASSPATH to do this.

to invoke ij - java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
to connect to the database - connect  'jdbc:derby:<dbname>';

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tools/ctoolsij34525.html

Do post your findings.

-Rajesh