db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ingimar Erlingsson <inki.stud...@gmail.com>
Subject creating a database from my application, best practice
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:12:01 GMT
Hello!

Thank you for derby!

I have a question, did follow the example in '
db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin\demo\simple\simpleapp.java'
in the demo only one table is created.
My database, which I have now in mysql has 8 tables and relationships
between them.

I would like to create my database from within my application:
And my question is: must I do the following for all 5 tables ->
s.execute("CREATE
TABLE AP .......");
and for all their relationsships or can I put all these in some property or
txt file and fetch them from there ?
And the same for all my relationships. And package that property-file or txt
file with my application jar ?
Or can I create a procedure in the database that is called which creates all
my tables and their realtionships.
Or should I use hibernate ( never tested hibernate though) and include som
xml file ?

regards, i