db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Embbedded web application
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:47:41 GMT
Sunish,

Embedded database parent directory is defined by "derby.system.home"
property. I would usually set it to something known to be writable,
like System.getProperty("java.io.tempdir").

Can't comment on the performance. Generally I feel like embedded mode
is not appropriate for a production web application anyways. Somebody
please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems incompatible with
clustering for example.

Andrus