db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Developing a UI for Derby
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:23:41 GMT
I was looking at it from a perspective of database management in
production. It may not necessarily be done by programmers. Toad is
Oracle-specific. That's what makes it useful to DBAs, PL/SQL
programmers, even business users sometimes. Same for phpMyAdmin.

But then again, with Derby's focus on embedding making database a
"black box" app backend instead of business data repository, this may
be less important, so you may have a point here.

Anyone has any (if only anecdotal) information on how Derby is
actually used (server vs. embedded)?

Andrus