db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryErrors when testing Derby with DOTS
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:27:10 GMT
On 1/27/06, John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@sun.com> wrote:
> Friday, January 27, 2006, 6:14:12 PM, Deepa Remesh wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
>
> > After a quick read of your mail, it seems to me some of the
> > OutOfMemoryErrors you are seeing may be because of the leak described
> > in DERBY-210. I have a patch for this attached to the JIRA issue. If
> > it is okay, can you please try re-running the tests after applying
> > this patch? I think it should make some difference in the memory
> > usage.
>
> OK, I will give it a try next week, thanks!

Thanks. I saw you were running tests with 10.1.2.1. The patch attached
to DERBY-210 is for the trunk.

> Do you (or anyone else) know what kind of OutOfMemoryError you are
> seeing with regards to that Jira issue? (Java Heap Space, PermGen space,
> ...)

The OutOfMemoryError seen with DERBY-210 is for Java Heap Space. This
happens if an application which uses client driver does not explicitly
close statements. With 64MB heap space, I get OutOfMemoryError after
executing ~950 prepared statements.

Deepa