db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hallgren <tho...@tada.se>
Subject Derby Eclipse-plugin that is useful by other plugins.
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:56:51 GMT
Hi,
I'm considering using the Apache Derby as an embedded database for one of my Eclipse
plugins. So I downloaded the plugin that Apache makes available. It contains the needed jars

etc. but I have one problem.

The embedded system is configured to use one single root where all databases are stored.
This root is on a per JVM basis (configured using a system property). If my plugin defines

this property to some location (say the state location for the plugin), it will make it
impossible to other plugins that also wish to use Derby in the same Eclipse instance.

The way I see it, a more elaborated Derby plugin is needed that actually defines the single

root for all databases for the Eclipse installation where it is used. With that in place,

multiple other plugins could express a dependency to it, and thus have coexisting databases

without conflicts.

My question is, has anyone created such a plugin already? If so, where can I find it?

Kind regards,
Thomas Hallgren