db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Costelloe <da...@welford-costelloe.com>
Subject Help with Running Embedded Database
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 04:56:46 GMT
Seems I have found the problem in my export.

1. Derby Jars are not being exported  (only with Fat jar can I get this
to work)
2. Derby embedded database is not being found in the jar (it does exist)
by the application when it runs.

Seem once I move the jar from where it was built it can't find the
embedded database so it re-creates the database.

More problem now is if I include the db folders in the jar derby can't
find the database.

Is there a way I package the database in the jar and have it loaded from

Seems to me to be not a good way seeing as embedded is not actually

This is confusing to me but i did notice that once I moved the jar and
ran it in another directory the database directory was re-created only
without my tables and etc. The jar does contain the database folders as

I'll be happy to give the source if that would help.

View raw message