db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject The text that goes with the Derby logo (Was: Derby logo on the web site)
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:55:09 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I'm resurrecting the topic that tapered off right before the holidays.
> (2) The wording that went with the logo with text at
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321023/derby_with_text.jpg
> can't be used as is because of the use of "Java". Dan Debrunner and
> Craig Russell voiced the strongest concerns about nailing down the text
> as well as the look of the text.

Roger changed the subline from "Pure Java Database" to "Open Source
Database":

old:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321023/derby_with_text.jpg
new:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321532/masthead_derby2.png

Does anybody disagree with his choice of new wording? If so, what do you
suggest?

Does anybody disagree with the overall look (fonts) used for the text?
If so, what do you suggest?

If I hear nothing by this Friday, Jan 20, I'll assume this is good to go
as is and will ask Roger to create the finals in various sizes. And,
Roger, thanks again for all your work on this!

  -jean