db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Select records that are not locked?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:38:35 GMT
Derby does not support that.  I have heard it referred to as "read past"
locking.  I don't believe there is any SQL standard or JDBC standard
description of such a mode.

It tends to be useful for queue management applications where the app
just wants a set of rows to work on and it is ok to skip those that
someone else is looking at.  Do you know of any DB's that currently
support such a feature?