db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby-SQL: Syntax Tree generator?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 00:23:44 GMT
Hi Ashwin,

I don't know whether anyone got back to you on this topic. I hope that
this addresses your question.

The DumpParseTree tracepoint causes Derby to print the ASTs to
derby.log. You can set this tracepoint when Derby starts up. Here for
instance is how you would do it if you were running Derby embedded under
the ij tool:

java -cp $CLASSPATH -Dderby.debug.true=DumpParseTree
-Dderby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0 org.apache.derby.tools.ij  z.sql

Regards,
-Rick