db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Byron Appelt" <bapp...@sensorlogic.com>
Subject JSR169 and OSGi
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:13:20 GMT
I am trying to run Derby as an OSGi bundle in a J2ME/CDC Foundation
environment with JSR 169.  This doesn't seem to work properly since the
EmbeddedActivator class has a reference to java.sql.DriverManager which
is not included in the JSR169 subset. I am pretty new to OSGi and Derby,
but this seems incorrect to me since the OSGi platform release 3
specification defines the environment as J2ME/CDC or a subset which
would seem to imply that JSR168 support would be appropriate.

Has anyone run into this? Am I missing something?

Byron K. Appelt
Lead Developer - Devices and Gateways
http://www.SensorLogic.com