db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Samer Kanjo" <sa...@kanjo.net>
Subject RE: Removing Derby tagline
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:18:39 GMT
+1 for remove tagline for now until things can be worked out with Sun or
with a vote. I do like having a tagline.

--Samer

-----Original Message-----
From: David W. Van Couvering [mailto:David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:59 PM
To: Derby Discussion; Derby Development
Subject: Removing Derby tagline

We are trying to finalize the work on the Derby logo and getting this
posted to the web site and other places.  The one issue still open is
the tagline.  We all voted +1 for the images that had the tagline "Pure
Java Database."

It's likely that Sun has no issues with using the tagline, but it's
taking some time to get this clarified.  In the meantime publishing the
logo onto our site is being held back.

I wanted to see what you all felt about removing the tagline, at least
for now.  We may in the future (potentially the near future if we get
final clarification from Sun) have a vote to add a tagline (maybe accept
submissions just like for the logo itself), but I wanted to know if
there were any objections to just removing it for now.

Thanks,

David